Followers

Sunday 30 July 2017

Make It Count

Good afternoon and happy Sunday. It's an F1 weekend again which means that no-one notices that I'm missing, so it's into the room of fun for me (and no I don't keep my ironing board in there). The latest PaperArtsy topic is 'dark to light', so I went into the box of 'all things Seth'.




It's ages since I altered one of these photo frames. As you can see they come with the royal seal of approval.


I started by painting a background with Seth's Set 1 Frescos. There's also some stamping using his PaperArtsy stamps.



Then I put some modelling paste through the Stencil Girl stencil, made some chippy b/grounds, and stamped with Seth's PaperArtsy sets 1,2,3, and 4. I've used Frantage embossing powder to give it a nice chunky feel.


I also put embossing paste through a stencil around the photo frame, and this time painted with Seth's Set 2. I'm a little bit in love with the Patina and Key Lime.


I found these wooden circles in a paper bag buried at the back of a drawer, so I painted and stamped these too.


More of the lovely Patina and Key Lime on these Seth Chippies and a little bit of Frantage.


And we're all done - finished in the same day woo-hoo. 

I'm also entering my frame into the That's Crafty All Things Grunge challenge,
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes, and
Simon Says Stamp Monday You've Got The Edge.

Have a very happy week and thanks very much for looking x



15 comments:

  1. I watched the F1, but this looks like you've put your time to much better effect. Love your light to dark project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so relieved to hear that you don't do too much ironing - gorgeous creation! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and my kinda colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Sue, love the layers and colours and those numbers are fab. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great ideas for your frame and its fillings. Lots of amazing textures and colours.

    Happy New Week
    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A real meaningful piece this is Sue as it's full of Sue's happy Crafting time. I can see that you've really lost yourself creating this and completed in one session. I love project making like this and you've created a magnificent piece. Thank you for sharing with is over at That's Crafty & Joining in with the *All Things Grunge* Blog Challenge. Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the texture and fab colours - a really cool piece! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! I love how all the painty layers build up such depth and detail and then the layered stamping adds even more textural delight. Gorgeous stencilled texture on the frame too. This is magnificent!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous make, and your choice of colours is just really fab too! I also love these Patina and Lime tones, yum :)
    Pinning this amazing photos frame on my PA inspirational board Sue, thanks for the inspiration with Seth Apter products.
    F1 weekends are perfect to create masterpieces I think :-)
    Hugs and good night,
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your creation is so pretty, Sue! I love it! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a real wowser Sue, so much wonderful texture and that colour combo is just yummy. Thanks for joining us over at TC too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous project, full of so much wonderful texture and detail and I love the colour palette you've used! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Septh had better watch out... Fabulous Mixed Media creation Sue!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.